Key Specifications Table
|Description||QCM Haptotaxis Cell Migration Assay -Collagen I, 24-well, colorimetric|
|Overview||Also available: Cell Comb™ Scratch Assay! Get biochemical data from a scratch assay! Click Here
The CHEMICON QCM™ Haptotaxis Cell Migration Assay - Collagen 1, Colorimetric is ideal for the study of epithelial and fibroblast cell haptotaxis. The quantitative nature of this assay is especially useful for large scale screening of pharmacologic agents. BSA-coated control chambers provide an appropriate migration control. The 8 μm pore size of this assay's Boyden chambers is not appropriate for the study of lymphocyte migration.
• Each kit provides sufficient materials for the evaluation of 12 samples.
• Please refer to the product insert for assay details.
The CHEMICON QCM™ Haptotaxis Cell Migration Assay - Collagen 1, Colorimetric assay is intended for research use only; not for diagnostic applications.
|Materials Required but Not Delivered||1. Precision pipettes: sufficient for aliquoting cells.
2. Harvesting buffer: EDTA or trypsin based cell detachment buffer, or other cell detachment formulations as optimized by individual investigators. Chemicon's ready-to-use non-mammalian detachment solution, Accutase™ (Cat. No. SCR005) can also be used.
3. Tissue culture growth medium appropriate for subject cells, such as DMEM containing 5% FBS.
4. Quenching Medium: serum-free medium, such as DMEM, MEM etc containing 5% BSA. Must contain divalent cations (Mg2+, Ca2+) sufficient for quenching EDTA in harvesting buffer.
5. Sterile PBS or HBSS to wash cells.
6. Distilled water
7. (Optional) Chemoattractant or pharmacological agent added to culture medium.
8. Low speed centrifuge and tubes for cell harvesting.
9. CO2 incubator appropriate for subject cells.
10. Hemocytometer or other means of counting cells.
11. Trypan blue or equivalent viability stain.
12. Microplate reader (540-570 nm detection) or spectrophotometer.
13. Sterile cell culture hood
14. (Optional) Graduated ocular (calibrated), or automated method for counting stained cells on a membrane.
|Application||The QCM Haptotaxis Cell Migration Assay, 24-well plate -Collagen 1, Colorimetric is ideal for the study of epithelial & fibroblast cell haptotaxis.|
|Safety Information according to GHS|
|Storage and Shipping Information|
|Storage Conditions||Store at 4°C for up to one year after date of purchase.|
|Material Size||1 kit|
|Material Package||Sufficient for analysis of 12 samples|
QCM Haptotaxis Cell Migration Assay -Collagen I, 24-well, colorimetric SDS