Key Specifications Table
|Track single cell and cell population migration (migration assay, cell culture)|
|Description||Millicell® µ-Migration Assay Kit|
|Overview||Cell migration occurs in a variety of biological processes including wound healing, embryonic development, and immune response. Because of the importance of cell migration in angiogenesis, oncology, neurology, and especially immunology, there is an increased interest in understanding the underlying biological mechanisms at a single cell level.
Traditional multiwell (Boyden chamber) migration assays can have limitations, such as: (1) gradients are not linear, well-established, or controlled, (2) quantification of migratory cells is based on an endpoint measurement rather than a dynamic determination, and (3) imaging of the cells while they are migrating is currently not possible.
The Millicell µ-Migration Assay Kit overcomes these limitations.
Its microfluidic, low-volume technology promotes a stable, diffusion-generated concentration gradient that is consistently linear and lasts for more than 48 hours. Designed for video microscopy assays, the µ-Migration Slide is made from a plastic with high optical qualities similar to those of glass. At specific time intervals, images of the observation area can be acquired, allowing real-time monitoring and quantitative measurements of cell migration.
How the Kit Works
For detailed videos and instructions on the use of the µ-migration kit, please visit: Millicell® µ-Migration Assay Kit
For instructions on how to access and use the free Image-J plug-in software to analyze the data and images collected using the µ-Migration Assay Kit, please visit: Millicell® µ-Migration Assay Kit.
|Materials Required but Not Delivered||1. Adherent cells
2. Inverted Microscope (phase contrast, fluorescence, etc.)
3. Heating stage
4. Time-lapse video equipment (CCD camera, video camera, acquisition software)
5. Motorized stage and autofocus (x,y,z) (optional)
6. Precision pipettes and pipette tips (10 µL and 200 µL)
7. Fisherbrand Micropipette 0.1-10 µL Tips
8. Accutase™ Cell Dissociation Solution (Catalog. No. SCR005)
9. Cell culture growth medium
10. Phosphate-Buffered Saline (1X PBS) (Catalog No. BSS-1005-B)
11. Sterile distilled water (Cat. No. TMS-006-C or TMS-006-B)
12. Low speed centrifuge
13. Sterile microcentrifuge tubes
14. 37ºC Incubator with 5% CO2
15. Scepter™ Handheld Automated Cell Counter (Cat No. PHCC20040 or PHCC20060) or Hemacytometer
16. Trypan Blue (optional)
|Safety Information according to GHS|
|Material Size||1 Kit|