Mobius® Single-use Mixing Systems
Introducing the expanded Mobius® Power MIX family
The Mobius® single-use mixing solutions deliver advanced technology for mixing pharmaceutical ingredients from intermediate to final drug products and for the preparation of process solutions, such as buffers and media. Unlike traditional stainless steel mixers, single-use mixers reduce downtime due to CIP, SIP, cleaning validation, and process engineering. Mobius® single-use mixing solutions also offer operational flexibility as they can be up and running in less than five minutes. They are capable of mixing speeds up to 1000 RPMs meeting the broadest range of mixing production requirements. Mobius® flexibility offers you a choice of just the right filter, connector, tubing options for your specific application and environment, including sterile interfaces, from fermentation to final fill.
Mobius® single-use mixing solutions offer a complete range of mixers to meet your current and future biomanufacturing process needs. Sizes range from 10L to 3000L (Power MIX systems only above 1000L).
Both Mobius® MIX and Mobius® Power MIX offer economic and operational efficiency, saving valuable processing and validation time. Our proven, scalable, ready-to-use systems and processing technologies reduce the risk of contamination, improve economic and processing flexibility and deliver reproducible results.
- Easy setup and use
- Closed, zero dead-leg sterile sampling system enables representative samples
- In-line pH measurement with optional pH probe port or Hamilton® OneFerm pH sensor
- Single-use technology for increased production capacity in multiproduct facilities
- Validation, quality and regulatory compliance support
Mobius® Power MIX
The Mobius® Power MIX family of single-use mixers combines high performance mixing technology with design features that make it easy to use. The impeller design and motor are based on our magnetically coupled NovAseptic® mixing technology, a proven mixing technology used with stainless steel tanks.
Each model of the Mobius® Power MIX efficiently mixes the most challenging buffers, media and biopharmaceutical ingredients.
- Powerful magnetically coupled impeller designed to efficiently mix the most challenging buffer, media and biopharmaceutical ingredients
- Available in a wide range of sizes and materials:
- 100L, 200L, 500L (HDPE and jacketed stainless steel)
- 1000L 2000L, 2500L, and 3000L (jacketed stainless only)
- Broad working volumes that extend from 15% of the lower limit of a vessel’s capacity to 10% of the maximum volume provide great flexibility*
- Broad working volume ranges with minimum volumes 10%-22% of nominal and maximum volumes 10% over nominal (100L, 200L, 500L, 1000L, 2000L only).
- Stainless steel versions have either a double door (1000L, 2000L, 2500L, and 3000L) or single door (100L, 200L, 500L) that opens to one half the mixer's diameter
- Mobius® Power MIX 1000, 2000, 2500 and 3000 have an off-set drain for easy bag loading
- Optional integrated hoist for powder delivery on the Mobius® Power MIX 2000
- Innovative extension design of the 2500 and 3000L sizes allows for same compact footprint as the 2000L with added flexibility
- Options on the stainless steel versions include integrated load cells and temperature sensor
- Two in-process pH measurement options: Probe Port for easy insertion of a re-usable standard PG 13.5 threaded probe or installed, pre-calibrated and pre-sterilized Hamilton® OneFerm® Single-Use pH Sensor
- Closed, sterile, and zero dead-leg sampling directly from the mixing bag
- Backed by industry-leading technical support and services
1000, 2000, 2500, 3000L Models - Jacketed Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500L Models - Jacket Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500L Models - HDPE
Expanded Mobius® Power MIX Family Data Sheet
The Mobius® MIX solution includes a powder delivery system, 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000L single-use mixers and the Mobius® FlexReady Solution for Buffer and Media Preparation. Each single-use mixing container includes a magnetically driven impeller for improved mixing consistency and efficiency.
- Proprietary magnetically-driven levitating impeller
- Fast, easy set up and use — instant-on electronics — no warm up needed
- Compact footprint and mobile carrier construction for enhanced flexibility
- Available in a range of sizes 10L, 50L, 100L, 200L, 500L, and 1000L
- Safe, sterile sampling directly from the mixing container without dead legs
Mobius® Powder Bags
The Mobius® Powder Bags are single-use bags that are designed for the easy and safe delivery of powders into a mixing vessel. Applications include the preparation of buffer, media and APIs with dry powder.
- Gamma irradiated
- Antistatic film for high product recovery
- Available in 10 L (or max 10 kg) and 25 L (or max 25 kg) sizes
- 4-inch Tri clamp connection for compatibility with Mobius® single-use mixer bags
- Compatible with Powder Delivery Hoist for ease of powder delivery
- Secure clamp for containment of powder