|Protein Concentration and Diafiltration by Tangential Flow Filtration -- An Overview|
|Pellicon® XL 50 Device Operating Instructions|
Pellicon® 2 Ultrafiltration CassettesDesigned with process scale-up and applications development in mind.
Learn More >>
Pellicon® 3 CassettesAdvanced, high performance cassettes ideally suited to today's demanding filtration processes that require more rigorous operating pressures, temperatures and caustic cleaning regimes
Learn More >>
Related Products By: Application Facete
|Dialysis and Filtration|
Related Products By: Brand Facete
|Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing > Downstream Processing > Ultrafiltration|
Choose between Millipore’s superior void-free ultrafiltration membranes to further specialize your cassette:
- Biomax® membranes – provides high flux and wide pH compatibility (1 – 14 range), storable in alkaline and acidic solutions, hydrophilic nature supports low protein binding.
- Ultracel® membranes – lowest protein binding, easy-to-clean, most hydrophilic, stable, reproducible flux and resistance to fouling by proteins, lipids and antifoams.
Pellicon® XL 50 Ultrafiltration Cassettes
True linear scalability with UF membranes with the same flow path and channel height as larger Pellicon® 2 cassettes. The Pellicon® XL 50 allows process development and scaling studies.
Small volume convenience yields high-end results with Millipore’s Pellicon® XL 50 Ultrafiltration Cassette. This high-performance tangential flow filter is the ideal choice for anyone contending with:
- Process Development Work (50 to 1000 mL range)
- Small Volume Processing
- Membrane Research
- Superior Performance – superior membranes and a controlled channel height capability yield reliable, consistent, predictable results.
- Void-Free Technology – guards against solute leakage.
- Self Contained – no holder required.
- Concentration, desalting, and buffer exchange – of proteins, polysaccharides, lipid solutions, viruses, colloids, cell suspensions and mammalian cells.
- Clinical trial support – quick preparation of materials
- Membrane selection – dedicated study of membrane results
- Sample preparation
- Small volume manufacturing
Choice of feed channel turbulence promoting screens to best match your process requirements:
- A Screen (tight screen)
- C Screen (coarse screen)
|Materials of Construction|
Composite Regenerated Cellulose (Ultracel®)
|Screens, Exterior Housing, Fittings/connectors and Luer Caps:||Polypropylene|
|Filtration Area||50 cm² (0.05 ft²)|
|Device Width||3.0 cm (1.2 in.)|
|Device Length||18.8 cm (7.4 in.)|
|Hold-up Volume (typical)||3.2 mL|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5.6 bar (80 psig)|
|Optimum Tangential Flow Rate for Polarized Solutions||30 – 50 mL/min|
|Membrane pH Compatibility|
|Biomax® PES:||1 – 14|
|Ultracel® PLC:||2 – 12|
|Biocompatibility/Toxicity||All wetted parts have been tested and meet the requirements of the USP Class VI Biological Test for Plastics.|
|Extractables||Gravimetric extractables level < 7.5 mg/ device after RO water flush. USP oxidizables test negative after RO water flush.|
|Prefiltration Requirements||Prefiltration of sample using 100 μm nominal pore size filter is recommended.|
|Pellicon® XL 50 Cassette Membrane Selection Guide|
|Biomax® Membranes – Polyethersulfone||Ultracel® Membranes – Composite Regenerated Cellulose|