Key Specifications Table
Pricing & Availability
An invalid quantity was specified. The product quantity has been adjusted.
|71757-3||Plastic ampoule||1 ea||
|71757-4||Plastic ampoule||5 ea||
|71757-5||Plastic ampoule||1 kg||
|Overview||Overnight Express™ Instant LB Medium is a granulated autoinduction culture medium for high-level protein production in pET and other IPTG-inducible bacterial expression systems. Instant LB Medium is a combination of Overnight Express Autoinduction System 1 components (Cat. No. 71300) with Luria Bertani (LB) broth and is supplied in two formats. EasyPak is an aluminum foil pouch containing 45 g granulated medium, sufficient for 1 L culture. Just add the EasyPak contents to 1 L sterile water, supplement with 10 ml glycerol, and microwave for 2 min to dissolve. Overnight Express Instant LB Medium is also available in 1 kg bottles. Granulated medium ensures rapid, uniform dissolution in water, prevents clumping of the medium, and avoids inhalation of airborne powder.
Overnight Express™ autoinduction media are based on technology developed by F. William Studier at Brookhaven National Laboratory and enable regulated protein expression in E. coli, without monitoring the culture or adding IPTG during cell growth. The method uses media components that are metabolized differentially to promote growth to high cell density and automatically induce protein expression from lac promoters. As a result, these unique autoinduction media provide high-level protein production in pET and other IPTG-inducible bacterial expression systems. Cell mass and target protein yield are often increased several-fold compared to conventional protocols using induction with IPTG. Autoinduction media are extremely convenient for routine expression of proteins in multiple cultures and are ideal for high-throughput parallel analysis of protein expression, solubility, and purification from multiple expression clones.
|PRODUCT USE RESTRICTIONS - PRODUCT LABEL LICENSE
The Overnight Express™ Auto Induction Media material (Products) includes patented technology embodied therein developed at Brookhaven National Laboratory under contract with the U.S. Department of Energy. The patent applications or issued patents embodied in this Product were assigned to Brookhaven Science Associates, LLC (BSA). BSA has enabled EMD Millipore and its Affiliates to grant a non-exclusive license for use of this patented technology, including use with the enclosed Products, based upon your acceptance of the following terms:
1. These Products are to be used for non-commercial research purposes only. For the avoidance of doubt, such non-commercial research purposes include research use by academic, non-profit, and commercial entities.
2. A separate license is required for any commercial use, including the use of the enclosed Products for developing or making other materials for sale to third parties.
3. Information about licenses for commercial use of the Products may be obtained from:
Office of Technology Commercialization and Partnerships
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Building No. 490C - P.O. Box 5000
Upton, New York 11973-5000
4. Information about licenses for commercial manufacture and/or sale of the Products may be obtained from:
Intellectual Property Department
EMD Millipore Corporation
28820 Single Oak Drive
Temecula, CA 92590
5. No Products that contain this patented technology may be transferred or distributed further to third parties outside of your laboratory, unless the recipient third party receives a license from BSA and agrees to be bound by its terms.
|Safety Information according to GHS|
|Product Usage Statements|
|Storage and Shipping Information|
|Ship Code||Ambient Temperature Only|
|Storage||+15°C to +30°C|
|Do not freeze||Ok to freeze|
|TB526 Overnight Express™ Instant LB and TB Media|