|High Purity Water for Inorganic Analysis|
A high-throughput water purification system with remote service capabilities
Milli-Q® HX 7000 series of high-throughput systems have been designed to deliver the highest pure water quality for your regular laboratory applications and instrument feed. Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems offer connected, sustainable central pure water solutions for volume needs up to 9000 L daily, making them the perfect choice for large laboratories or lab buildings. Milli-Q® HX 7000 water quality is ideal for the preparation of reagents and buffers, for microbiology media, hydroponics or histology. It is also the best feed for all Milli-Q® and high-throughput Super-Q® ultrapure water systems, as well as equipment such as glassware washers, clinical analyzers, stability chambers, humidifiers, weathering test equipment, autoclaves and hydrogen generators.
Milli-Q® HX 7000 water • Optimized purification
To reach the most reliable pure water quality, Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems are built on an optimized purification sequence:
Tap water first enters the Progard® pretreatment cartridge which efficiently removes particles & colloids, free chlorine and hardness before reverse osmosis (RO) purification. Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems benefit from advanced RO technology and E.R.A.® technology, which controls water consumption, and ensures a constant product flow rate and optimal water quality. All prolong the lifetime of the RO membrane and downstream purification technologies. Depending on daily volume needs, Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems are available in a range of production flow rates (40, 80, 120 or 150 L/h).
The patented Elix® module further removes ions to typically reach >5 MΩ cm (at 25°C) resistivity. All Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems are equipped with the best-in-class Elix® electrodeionization which provides:
- Superior and consistent Type 2 water quality – “Superior,” as resin beads are not degraded by exposure to harsh regeneration chemicals. “Consistent,” as the continuous regeneration avoids the drawbacks of quality variations from resin exhaustion.
- Cost & labor savings – The Elix® module contains special carbon beads at its cathode and therefore, does not require water softening. Its self-regeneration technology avoids the hassle and costs of DI cartridge replacement. Milli-Q® HX 7000 is “green,” consuming low energy with a small carbon footprint.
- Long-lasting technology – thanks to its proven design, the module continuously regenerates its resin beads without the need for any maintenance.
Milli- Q® HX 7000 pure water is irradiated by a bactericidal UV lamp before entering the storage tank, or SDS 500 (storage, protection and distribution system). The SDS 500 reservoir design maintains consistent purity of stored water. Its vent filter provides effective protection against airborne contaminants and the ASM, Automatic Sanitization Module, prevents biofilm formation. Milli-Q® HX 7000 water can then be sent by a distribution pump to feed instruments or a distribution loop. These can be integrated into a centralized system, providing total control of all parameters within the system itself as well as within the external pure water distribution loop.
Milli-Q® HX 7000 high-throughput systems are designed to produce up to 9000 L/day of Type 2 water from potable tap feed water to meet or exceed the relevant standards defined by ISO® 3696 / BS 3997 the European and US Pharmacopoeia, and other international bodies.
Superior communications interface - Interactive touchscreen display
All the details needed for daily operation of the Milli-Q® HX 7000 system are available at a glance on the system's large color touchscreen. Several views show:
- Main data (water production status, storage level, dispensing status)
- Consumables exhaustion status
- Alarm & alert status
The system's dashboard displays information in an easy-to-read format; handy wizards guide users through maintenance procedures with step-by-step procedures.
Supported by Milli-Q® Connect remote service and monitoring capability
Embedded in Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems, Milli-Q® Connect is a remote service capability that operates as an extension of Milli-Q® Services. Milli-Q® Connect lets you securely and remotely manage your system, supporting your lab’s optimal productivity.
Key features of Milli-Q® Connect:
- 24/7 secure online access to real-time system performance data as well as quality reports archived over the last 2 years
- Rapid, online diagnostics—and even remote repair—by our service team
- Receive immediate and customized notifications of system alerts and alarms by email and SMS
- Full data traceability as well as effortless data access and retrieval capabilities facilitate accreditation and reaccreditation processes
Advanced support & validation
A complete range of Milli-Q® Services, including Validation support, is provided by certified Field Service Engineers using calibrated equipment and Qualification Workbooks. For full confidence in your Milli-Q® HX 7000 system, it is delivered with a Certificate of Calibration for the built-in temperature and resistivity meters, and a Certificate of Conformity ensuring that it has been built and tested fully assembled following internal Standard Operating Procedures. The manufacturing site is ISO® 9001 v.2000 and ISO® 14001 certified.
|Feed Water Requirements|
|Parameter||Value or Range|
|Pressure||2 – 6 bar|
|Flow rate||>10 L/min at 2 bar|
|Feed water type||Potable water|
|Temperature||5 – 35 °C|
|Conductivity||10 – 2000 µS/cm at 25 °C|
|pH||4 – 10|
|Hardness (as CaCO3)||< 300 ppm|
|Silica concentration||< 30 ppm|
|Carbon dioxide concentration (CO2)||< 30 ppm|
|Langelier Saturation Index (LSI)||< 0.3|
|Fouling Index (FI5) or Silt Density Index (SDI)||≤ 7(*)|
|Total Organic Carbon (TOC)||< 1 ppm|
|Free chlorine for Milli-Q® HX 7040 LC, 7080 LC, 7120 , 7150 systems||<1.5 ppm|
|Free chlorine for Milli-Q® HX 7040 HC, 7080 HC systems||≥1.5 ppm and <3 ppm|
|* < 12 when the optional UF pretreatment is installed.|
|Milli-Q® HX 7000 Series Performance|
|Parameter||Value or Range|
|Resistivity||> 5 MΩ.cm @ 25 °C (10-15 MΩ.cm @ 25 °C typically)|
|Conductivity||< 0.2 µS/cm @ 25 °C|
|Total Organic Carbon (TOC)||Typically < 30 ppb|
|Microorganisms||< 10 CFU/mL|
|Dissolved silica||< 3 ppb (rejection > 99.9 %)|
|System Type||Voltage / Frequency||Power Consumption (VA)|
|Milli-Q® HX 7040/7080||220-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
120 VAC, 60 Hz
100 VAC, 50/60 Hz
|Milli-Q® HX 7120/7150||220-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
120 VAC, 60 Hz
100 VAC, 50/60 Hz
|Noise level||< 50 db at 1 meter|
|Communication protocol||TCP/IP/CGI, embedded web server and HTML 5 embedded website*|
|Communication ports||Ethernet , USB 2.0|
|Languages||English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese|
|* No additional software needed for remote control.|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|Milli-Q® HX 7040||Milli-Q® HX 7080||Milli-Q® HX 7120||Milli-Q® HX 7150|
|Dimensions (H x W x D) footprint||1240 x 543 x 542 mm
(48.8 x 21.4 x 21.3 in)
|Shipping weight||97 kg (213 lb)||105 kg (231 lb)||113 kg (249 lb)||124 kg (273 lb)|
|Dry weight||78 kg (172 lb)||86 kg (190 lb)||94 kg (208 lb)||105 kg (232 lb)|
- Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems are compliant to European directives related to safety and electromagnetic compatibility. Tests according to the IEC system scheme for mutual recognition have been performed by an independent and accredited Certified Body. CB test certificates issued by the NCB can be verified on the IECEE web site
- Milli-Q® HX 7000 systems are also built using components and practices recommended by UL. Systems have been tested according to national deviation and are cUL marked. The registration can be verified on the UL web site