So Simple to Switch.
LiChroCART® cartridges offer maximum flexibility in adapting column dimensions to your analysis requirements. Developed for use with MilliporeSigma’s reusable manu-CART® endfittings, they allow quick and easy changes in cartridge length and internal diameter.
LiChroCART® cartridges are simple to exchange because the manu-CART® cartridge holders remain in the system, and there is no need for capillary connections to be detached. So switching from a length of 125 to 250 mm and back couldn’t be easier. Furthermore, adapting the internal diameter (4.6 mm, 4 mm, 3 mm or 2 mm) to your application is possible within a few minutes. The endfittings are designed to allow LiChroCART® cartridges to be hand-sealed at normal working pressures (150 to 200 bar) without any tools. Only at higher pressures may further tightening with a wrench become necessary.
Features and Benefits
- Fast and simple changes of column length and internal diameter
- Maximum suitability and quick adaptability to analysis requirements
- Easy to assemble, may be hand-sealed at normal working pressures
Exchanging the Sieve and Glass Fiber Filter of LiChroCART® Cartridges
The sieve and glass fiber filter of LiChroCART® Cartridges
- Using a wrench, loosen the cap nut from the endfitting
- Unscrew the cap nut, and remove the semi-cylindrical collets from the neck of the column cartridge. Put them aside for re-use later.
- Using the pin, gently remove the sieve from the end of the column cartridge. (Figure 1)
- Using a small spatula, remove the remains of the glass fiber filter and any soiled packing material.
- Fill the void with freshly prepared packing material and smooth off the surface.
- Place a new filter on the open end of the cartridge. Do not attempt to push it into place with your fingers – it may wrinkle.
- Using the plastic assembly tool, push the filter inside the cartridge. (Figure 2)
- Place the cylindrical sleeve over the open end of the cartridge.
- Place a sieve inside the funnel.
- Using the plastic tool, push the sieve firmly into place. (Figure 3)
LiChroCART® Assembly Tool for Replacement of Sealing Rings and Ring Seals with Frits