|Guidelines For Centrifugal Filtration in MultiScreen|
|MultiScreen HTS 384-well Glass Fiber Filter Plates|
|Chemical Compatibility of Filter Components (MilliporeSigma)|
|MultiScreen HTS Glass Fiber Filter Plates|
|MultiScreen HTS Vacuum Manifold|
|MultiScreenHTS Filter Plates: New plate design for full automation compatibility|
|Method for Simultaneous Measurement of Antibodies to 23 Pneumococcal Capsular Polysaccharides|
Raymond Biagini, Sonela Schlottmann, Deborah Sammons, Jerome Smith, John Snawder, Cynthia Striley, Barbara MacKenzie, and David Weisssman
Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology September 2003, p 744-750, Vol. 10, No. 5 2003
|A non-radiolabelled ferriprotoporphyrin IX biomineralisation inhibition test for the high throughput screening of antimalarial compounds.|
E. Deharo, R. N. Garcia, P. Oporto, A. Gimenez, M. Sauvain, V. Jullian and H. Ginsburg
Experimental Parasitology 100 (4): 252-256 2002
|Use of Multiscreen plates for the preparation of bacterial DNA suitable for PCR|
Reek FH, Smits MA, Kamp EM, Smith HE
Biotechniques. 1995 Aug;19(2):282-5 1995
|High-Throughput Microplate Format for Producing and Screening Riboprobes from Bacterial Cells|
Matthews, P.D. and Wurtzel, E.T.
BioTechniques. 18: 6, 1000 – 1004 1995
|Nucleic Acid Purification and Concentration|
|What plates are compatible with the MultiScreen manifold?||In general, all manufacturers' plates fit the vacuum manifold.|
|I’m not getting good vacuum while using the MultiScreen vacuum manifold, what can I do?||Press down on the MultiScreen plate to form a good seal with the manifold. (This is normal for the low vacuum used). Make sure all wells of the filter plate are either “wet” or sealed with adhesive tape. Check all tubing connections to make sure they are tight. See the MultiScreen Vacuum manifold operators guide for more detailed troubleshooting information.|
|Can the classic MultiScreen plates be run on the HTS manifold?||Only in filter to waste mode. The HTS plates should be used with the HTS manifold for the most benefit.|
|When using the MultiScreen HTS manifold, how can I test to see if the manifold is properly installed and/or that I have enough vacuum for my application?||The easiest way to test the manifold and/or set vacuum pressures is to put the collar on the base with nothing inside and place a collection (plastic bottom) plate on the top. You can now adjust the vacuum to the desired level.|
|Can I alcohol sterilize my Multiscreen Manifold and Plates?||Note: This procedure does not work for the nitrocellulose based membrane plates such as HATF. (For use on: Durapore PVDF, Biopore, and glass fiber filters).
MultiScreen Alcohol Sterilization Protocol
Additional Materials Required:
1. 70% Reagent grade ethanol (with NO added denaturation agents)
2. Suitable sterile support or container to place the plate(s) inside or alternatively on for incubation. A sterile material such as a lid can be used, although the support trays supplied with pre-sterilized MultiScreen plates are ideal.
3. Sterilized water or buffer.
4. Sterilized (5x9” or 4x6”) gauze or sponges for blotting the underdrain.
Procedure (To be performed in Laminar flow hood under aseptic conditions):
1. Thoroughly rinse, fill, and expose all surfaces of the Vacuum manifold to 70% Alcohol and incubate 5-15 minutes. Turn on vacuum to remove excess alcohol.
2. Place MultiScreen plate to be sterilized on top of the vacuum manifold and completely fill with 70% alcohol. Be careful to expose all surfaces to the alcohol and allow to incubate 5-15 minutes. Additional plates can be sterilized by placing on a lid or other suitable object during incubation.
3. Turn on vacuum to remove excess alcohol, tip plate to drain excess alcohol into vacuum manifold, blot on sterilized pad, and place on lid to air dry overnight in laminar flow hood.
4. Turn on vacuum and remove all of the alcohol, add sterilized water to inside of manifold to remove residual alcohol. Allow entire unit such as the steel support and gasket to air dry under the hood with the top removed. The manifold can be stored in the hood and used as required.
Note: The MultiScreen lids can also be sterilize by this procedure.
1. Do not allow alcohol to remain inside vacuum manifold, it should be rinsed each day with sterile water.
2. This procedure does not work for the nitrocellulose based
|I broke the tubing adapter on my MultiScreen manifold. Is there a replacement part?||Yes, this piece can be purchased as part of the Repair Kit, catalog # MAVMXXA03. It's important to point out that in many cases a broken adapter result from improperly cared for manifolds. Always rinse manifold with water after its use in an assay (especially TCA precipitation assays).|
|If using the MultiScreen HTS manifold, when do I have to use the droplet trap array?||The droplet trap array should be used when filtering a 384 well plate to waste.|
|What plates can be used with the MultiScreen HTS manifold (Catalogue number MSVMHTS00)?||All MultiScreen HTS platform filter plates, Solvinert and Solvinert Deep Well plates can be used with the HTS manifold.|
|Can the MultiScreen HTS manifold be used with Millipore's genomics application plates (plamid prep, pcr cleanup, sequence reaction clean up)?||Filter to waste modes work, but not filtrate collection, so using the clearing plate with the plamid plate will not work. Millipore's genomics plates have not been validated on the HTS manifold. Please contact technical service for more information at 1-800-645-5476.|
|If the deep well collar sold with the MultiScreen HTS manifold or is it sold seperately?||The deep well collar is sold as an accessory to the MultiScreen HTS manifold; it does not come with the manifold. The catalogue number is MSVMHTS0D.|