Key Specifications Table
|Key Applications||Detection Methods|
|Description||Millicell® µ-Angiogenesis Activation Assay Kit|
Studying how compounds affect angiogenesis, either to promote or inhibit new capillary tube formation can lead to therapies affecting wound healing, tissue regeneration, cardiovascular disease, stroke, tumor progression, and more. The Millicell μ-Angiogenesis activation and inhibition kits provide a powerful, quantitative platform for real-time monitoring of changes in tubule formation with unprecedented optical resolution.
Studying how compounds affect angiogenesis, either to promote or inhibit new capillary tube formation, can lead to therapies affecting wound healing, tissue regeneration, cardiovascular disease, stroke, tumor progression, and more. The Millicell® μ-Angiogenesis activation and inhibition assay kits provide a powerful, quantitative platform for real-time monitoring of changes in tubule formation with unprecedented optical resolution.
For more information on Cell Culture & Systems visit: www.emdmillipore.com/cellculture
|Materials Required but Not Delivered||1. Inverted Light Microscope
2. Fluorescent microscope (if Calcein AM is used)
3. Precision pipettes
4. Accutase™ Cell Dissociation Solution (Catalog. No. SCR005)
5. Human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) (Catalog No. SCCE001) or any other experimental cell lines capable of tube formation.
6. EndoGRO™ LS Complete Medium (Cat. No. SCME001) or other endothelial cell basal medium.
7. Phosphate-Buffered Saline (1X PBS) (Catalog No. BSS-1005-B)
8. Sterile distilled water (Cat. No. TMS-006-C or TMS-006-B)
9. Low speed centrifuge
10. Sterile eppendorf tubes
11. Precision pipette tips. We recommend 0.1–10 mL TipOne filter tips (USA Scientific Catalog No. 1121-3810) or Rainin’s 20 µL Precision Pipette Tips (Rainin Catalog No. RT-L10S)
12. 37ºC Incubator with 5% CO2
14. Trypan Blue
|Background Information||Angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels from a pre-existing vascular network, occurs normally in development and is critical for a majority of the vessel formation that occurs during embryogenesis, tissue generation, and wound healing. However, abnormal blood vessel growth, either excessive or insufficient, can be the underlying cause of many deadly and debilitating diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and diabetic and age-related blindness. Identification of specific compounds that promote or inhibit angiogenesis may provide promising treatments for these diseases.
Tubular formation is a multi-step process involving cell adhesion, migration, differentiation, and growth. Millipore’s Millicell® µ-Angiogenesis Inhibition Assay provides an efficient system for the rapid and accurate identification of factors that inhibit tube formation of endothelial cells. The µ-Angiogenesis slide, with enhanced optical capabilities in a microscale format, allows for real time and continuous monitoring of tube formation in a simplifed and reproducible manner.
|Safety Information according to GHS|
|Material Size||1 Kit|