Millipore Sigma Vibrant Logo

SCR600 Human Oligodendrocyte Differentiation Kit

1 kit  
Retrieving price...
Price could not be retrieved
Minimum Quantity is a multiple of
Maximum Quantity is
Upon Order Completion More Information
You Saved ()
Request Pricing
Fulfilment and delivery delayed
Fulfilment and delivery delayed
Limited Quantities Available
    Remaining : Will advise
      Remaining : Will advise
      Will advise
      Contact Customer Service
      Contact Customer Service


      Contact Customer Service


      Replacement Information

      Key Specifications Table

      Key Applications
      Catalogue NumberSCR600
      Brand Family Chemicon®
      Trade Name
      • Chemicon
      DescriptionHuman Oligodendrocyte Differentiation Kit
      OverviewEMD Millipore’s Human Oligodendrocyte Differentiation Kit contains Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells (OPCs) along with optimized media for their expansion and spontaneous differentiation into mature oligodendrocytes. Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells (OPCs) are derived from NIH approved H9 human embryonic stem cells (hESCs). These hESC-derived OPCs proliferate as an adherent cell monolayer and greater than 70% express the appropriate early-to-intermediate oligodendrocyte markers, including O4, NG2, Olig2, Sox10 and GalC. Upon growth factor withdrawal, Human OPCs spontaneously differentiate into mature oligodendrocytes expressing terminally differentiated markers including proteolipid protein (PLP), myelin basic protein (MBP), and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG). Spontaneous differentiation leads to approximately 30% of the cells expressing PLP, MBP and MOG while the remaining 70% express mostly neuronal markers, MAP2 and beta III-tubulin with very little to no astrocytes (<5% GFAP-positive cells) observed. Human OPCs can be used for a variety of research applications including studies of neurotoxicity, co-culture applications and screening for molecules that induce or inhibit preferential differentiation to mature oligodendrocytes.
      Product Information
      • Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitors (OPCs), 500,000 viable cells: (Cat. No. CS204496)
      • Human OPC Expansion Media Kit, 100 mLs: (Cat. No. SCM107)
      • Human OPC Spontaneous Differentiation Media Kit, 100 mLs: (Cat. No. SCM106)
      Quality LevelMQ100
      ApplicationThe Human Oligodendrocyte Differentiation Kit contains Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells (OPCs) along with optimized media for their expansion & spontaneous differentiation into mature oligodendrocytes.
      Key Applications
      • Stem Cell Culture
      Biological Information
      Stem Cell Type
      • Neural Stem Cells
      Cell Line Type
      • Neural Stem Cells
      Physicochemical Information
      Materials Information
      Toxicological Information
      Safety Information according to GHS
      Safety Information
      Product Usage Statements
      Quality AssuranceSterility testing: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
      pH: 7.4 +/- 0.4
      Osmolality: 290 +/- 20mOsm
      Usage Statement
      • Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.
      Storage and Shipping Information
      Storage ConditionsPlease see manual for recommended storage conditions for individual components
      Packaging Information
      Material Size1 kit
      Transport Information
      Supplemental Information

      Related Products & Applications


      Catalog Number Description  
      GF003 Fibroblast Growth Factor basic Protein, Human recombinant Show Pricing & Availability
      SCR055 ENStem Human Neural Progenitor Expansion Kit Show Pricing & Availability

      Kit Component

      Catalog Number Description  
      SCC007 ReNcell® CX Human Neural Progenitor Cell Line Show Pricing & Availability
      SCM005 ReNcell® NSC Maintenance Media Show Pricing & Availability
      SCM007 ReNcell® Neural Stem Cell Freezing Medium Show Pricing & Availability


      Life Science Research > Cell Culture and Systems > Cell Lines > Stem Cell Lines