Purospher® High-purity Columns
The all-round solution for HPLC separations
The key component for modern RP-HPLC sorbents is a high purity silica as starting material. Purospher® HPLC columns are based on high purity, metal-free silica for outstanding separations with excellent peak symmetry.
The base silica for Purospher® high purity HPLC columns is made from tetraalkoxysilane in a sol gel-process. Due to the absence of metals in the silica matrix and combined with an optimized surface coating and shielding process, Purospher® columns provide tailing-free separations of acidic, basic, and chelating compounds. This is of particular advantage for any kind of method development in Research and Development (R&D) and Quality Control (QC) laboratories.
|Purospher® HPLC columns provide:|
The Purospher® product family. To choose the appropriate column for your HPLC separation, please refer to the specifications.
- Purospher® RP-18 is polar endcapped and suitable for separations of strong basic or chelating compounds
(no acidic compounds) and separations of hydrophilic compounds with a high percentage of water in the mobile phase.
- Purospher® RP-18 endcapped is suitable for separations of complex samples with simple eluents.
- Purospher® RP-18 HC is not endcapped with very good suitability for separation of polar, not basic
compounds e.g. explosives.
- Purospher® STAR RP-18 endcapped allows the tailing-free separation of neutral, acidic, basic or chelating compounds. The excellent stability up to pH 10.5 enables the separation of strong basic compounds with alkaline eluents. Purospher® STAR RP-18 endcapped is available in different particle sizes of 2µm, 3µm and 5µm and as special UHPLC columns.
- Purospher® STAR RP-8 endcapped for separation of polar compounds or separation of position isomeric compounds.
- Purospher® STAR NH2 and Si for Normal phase Chromatography (Si) and separation of carbohydrates (NH2)
|Purospher® STAR Si||Purospher® STAR NH2|
Particle size µm
|2, 3 or 5||3 or 5||5||5|
|Pore size Å||120||120||120||120|
|Pore volume mL/g||1.1||1.1||1.1||1.1|
|% C load||17||11.2||-||3.5|
|pH stability||1.5 - 10.5||1.5 - 10.5||-||2 - 7.5|
|Analytes||neutral, acidic, basic
or chelating compounds,
|Particle size µm||5||5||5|
|Pore size Å||120||90||90|
|Pore volume mL/g||1.0||0.95||1.0|
|% C load||18.0||18.5||18.0|
|Endcapping||no endcapping||amino endcapping||no endcapping|
|pH stability||2 - 8||2 - 7.5||2 - 7.5|
|Analytes||acids, basic or
|strong bases or