Purify, store, distribute, monitor AND control your type 2 pure water entirely from the new Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD series of systems. Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD all-in-one purification systems are designed to deliver the highest quality pure water in a complete, compact and fully-customizable format. From a single laboratory to an entire building floor, this range has the capacity to purify up to 3000 L/day from tap water, reliably feeding all your type 2 water needs. This includes instruments, equipment, taps on benches, point-of-use polishers, and ultrapure water purification systems.
Key features of the Milli-Q® HX 7040 / 7080 / 7120 / 7150 SD systems include:
- Optimal combination of purification technologies for a reliable flow of high quality pure water
- Integrated 140 L reservoir and pump for protected storage and distribution up to 20 L/min
- State-of-the-art sustainable technologies for low and predictable running costs
- Superior communications interface and modern data management capabilities
- Customizable range of options and accessories to meet your specific requirements
Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems – Advanced water purification
Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems are designed to produce up to 3000 L/day of Type 2 water from potable tap feed water to meet or exceed the relevant standards defined by ISO 3696, European and US Pharmacopoeia, and other international bodies. This is thanks to advanced and complementary purification technologies that yield reliably pure water at a constant flow rate and with reduced water consumption.
Tap water is first pretreated according to your facility’s feed water quality. Progard® cartridges efficiently remove particles, colloids, free chlorine and hardness. Additional filters may be added depending on your source water quality.
Advanced reverse osmosis (RO) then removes 95-99% of ions, and 99% of all dissolved organics (>200 Da), microorganisms and particles.
Patented E.R.A.™ (Evolutive Reject Adjustment) technology automatically assesses feed water quality to produce a constant flow rate and optimize water recovery (between 45% and 75%). This saves you water, time and money. Water consumption is reduced by up to 50% compared to other RO systems of similar throughput, and less time is needed to maintain the system because there is no need for manual valve adjustments when the temperature fluctuates. E.R.A.™ technology also reduces waste by prolonging the lifetime of the RO cartridge.
Next, our patented Elix® electrodeionization (EDI) module removes remaining ions, typically to >5 MΩcm (at 25 °C) resistivity. The best-in-class Elix® module provides:
- Superior & consistent Type 2 water quality – “Superior” because resin beads are not degraded by exposure to harsh regeneration chemicals. “Consistent,” due to continuous resin regeneration that avoids the drawbacks of quality variations from resin exhaustion.
- Cost & labor savings – Special carbon beads in the module’s cathode eliminate the need for water softening. Self-regeneration technology avoids the hassle and costs of DI cartridge replacement. The system is “green,” consuming low energy with a small carbon footprint.
- Long-lasting technology – The module continuously regenerates its resin beads without the need for maintenance.
Pure water in the Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD system is irradiated by a bactericidal UV lamp before entering the built-in storage tank. An optional UV lamp can also be placed within the distribution loop to irradiate circulating water before feeding out to instruments and equipment.
Depending on daily volume needs, these systems are available in a range of production flow rates from 40 to 150 L/h.
Complete & compact – Integrated storage & distribution pump
Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems are fully equipped with an integrated 140 L water reservoir for protected storage, plus a distribution pump that provides up to 20 L/min pure water for a loop of up to 50 m long. One system can reliably supply the pure water needs of a large laboratory or an entire floor of a building.
Fully customizable – Accessories to adapt to your requirements
Select from a large range of options and accessories to adapt the Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD system to meet your specific requirements and environment, and to improve your water quality monitoring. Options include:
- System options (water sensors, alarm outputs, on-demand feed option)
- System care options (RO care options)
- Loop monitor options (Resistivity monitoring, TOC monitoring)
- Loop care options [UV lamp (57W), Opticap® 0.22 μm filter, sanitary sampling ports, resistivity booster]
- Pre-treatment options (ultrafiltration units)
Superior communications interface – Large touchscreen display
Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems are equipped with a large, colored touchscreen display panel to facilitate maintenance, control and access to data. The user-friendly interactive dashboard lets you easily navigate to all main system data, including:
- System settings
- Storage levels
- Consumables status
- Preventive alarms and alerts
There’s no need to open a user manual to maintain the system – wizards guide you through basic maintenance.
Full connectivity – 24/7 remote monitoring & control
Get peace of mind, prevent breakdowns and proactively ensure lab productivity with 24/7 remote access to your laboratory’s water system. Up to three authorized users can securely access, monitor and control the Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD system’s functionality from any authorized computer, tablet or smartphone. An embedded web server generates real-time web pages to monitor system operations, and to trigger alerts or alarms in case of deviation from the adjusted set points.
Eased accreditation – Facilitated data management, traceability & compliance
The Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD system makes it easier to manage and keep records of your water data, allowing you to be more audit-ready. The system collects all running parameters, including water quality, alarms and events, water usage, and consumables. Up to 2 years of events are stored in the system, which are accessible via the lab’s network or a USB key. Generate automatic e-records and save time, money and paper. This system also facilitates the lab accreditation and re-accreditation processes (ISO 15189).
|Feed Water Requirements|
|Parameter||Value or Range|
|Pressure||2 – 6 bar|
|Flow rate||> 10 L/min at 2 bar|
|Feed water type||Potable water|
|Temperature||5 – 35 °C|
|Conductivity||10 – 2000 µS/cm at 25 °C|
|pH||4 – 10|
|Hardness (as CaCO3)||< 300 ppm|
|Silica concentration||<30 ppm|
|Carbon dioxide concentration (CO2)||< 30 ppm|
|Langelier Saturation Index (LSI)||< 0.3|
|Fouling Index (FI5) or Silt Density Index (SDI)||≤ 7(*)|
|Total Organic Carbon (TOC)||< 1 ppm|
|Free chlorine for Milli-Q® HX 7040 (LC), 7080 (LC), 7120, 7150 SD systems||< 1.5 ppm|
|Free chlorine for Milli-Q® HX 7040 (HC), 7080 (HC) SD systems||≥ 1.5 ppm and <3 ppm|
|* <12 when the optional UF pretreatment is installed.|
In an optimal configuration that includes an Opticap® filter, UV lamp and a well-designed and maintained loop, product water from the Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD system meets or exceeds water quality levels defined by ISO 3696, European and US Pharmacopoeia, and other international bodies at all points of use.
Typical water quality measures with a well-designed and maintained distribution loop of 20 meters:
|Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD Series Performance|
|Stand-alone system||System + resistivity booster||System + UV lamp||System + UV lamp + Opticap® filter|
|Resistivity (@25 °C)||> 1 MΩ.cm||10-15 MΩ.cm||> 1 MΩ.cm||> 1 MΩ.cm|
|Conductivity (@25 °C)||< 1 µS/cm||0.07-0.1 µS/cm||< 1 µS/cm||< 1 µS/cm|
|Total organic carbon (TOC)||< 50 ppb||< 50 ppb||< 50 ppb||< 50 ppb|
|Bacteria count||-||-||≤ 10 CFU/mL||≤ 1 CFU/mL*|
|Dissolved silica||≤ 3 ppb||≤ 3 ppb||≤ 3 ppb||≤ 3 ppb|
|*Sampled after Opticap® filter.|
|System Type||Voltage & Frequency||Power Consumption (VA)|
|Milli-Q® HX 7040/7080 SD||220-240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
120 VAC @ 60 Hz
100 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
|Milli-Q® HX 7120/7150 SD||220-240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
120 VAC @ 60 Hz
100 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
|The source of electrical power must be earth grounded.|
|Noise level||<50 dB at 1 meter|
|Communication protocol||TCP/IP/CGI, embedded web server and HTML 5 embedded website*|
|Communication ports||Ethernet, USB 2.0|
|Languages||English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese|
|* No additional software needed for remote control.|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|System type||Dimensions (H x W x D)||Dry weight||Shipping weight|
|Milli-Q® HX 7040 SD||1255* x 620 x 947 mm (49.4 x 24.4 x 37.3 in.)||97 kg (214 lb)||116 kg (256 lb)|
|Milli-Q® HX 7080 SD||106 kg (234 lb)||125 kg (276 lb)|
|Milli-Q® HX 7120 SD||114 kg (251 lb)||133 kg (293 lb)|
|Milli-Q® HX 7150 SD||126 kg (278 lb)||145 kg (320 lb)|
|* With vent filter TANKVNT01, +48 mm.|
|Tank material||High purity polyethylene|
|Built-in tank volume (net)||140 L (37 gal)|
|Distribution Pump Performance (Centrifugal)|
|5 LPM / 1.32 GPM||2.2 bar / 32 psi|
|15 LPM / 3.96 GPM||1.9 bar / 28 psi|
|20 LPM / 5.28 GPM||1.6 bar / 23 psi|
|Inlet (feed water connection)||3/4" BSP|
|Loop start/return||1 1/2" Sanitary TC|
Lab Water Purification Systems - Type 2 (Pure)
- Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems are compliant to European directives related to safety and electromagnetic compatibility. Tests according to the IEC system scheme for mutual recognition have been performed by an independent and accredited Certified Body. CB test certificates issued by the NCB can be verified on the IECEE web site.
- Milli-Q® HX 7000 SD systems are also built using components and practices recommended by UL. Systems have been tested according to national deviation and are cUL marked. The registration can be verified on the UL web site.