ACHEMA 2015: Science Further Faster Drawing
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. DRAWING IS OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE, ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD, AND WHO ARE IN ATTENDANCE AT ACHEMA 2015. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: MilliporeSigma Corporation ("Sponsor"), 290 Concord Road, Billerica, MA 01821.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: By entering into the Drawing (as defined below), each person submitting or attempting to submit an entry ("Entrant") agrees to be bound by these Official Rules ("Rules") and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. An Entrant may not submit an entry to the Drawing and is not eligible to receive the Prizes described in these Rules unless the Entrant agrees to these Rules.
- TERM: The entry period for the ACHEMA 2015: Science Further Faster Drawing ("Drawing") begins on June 15, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Central European Summer Time ("CEST") and ends on June 19, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. CEST (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Drawing.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must (i) have reached the age of majority in their place of residence and be at least eighteen (18) years old; and (ii) be in attendance at the ACHEMA 2015 ("Conference"). By participating in the Drawing, Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Drawing, which shall be final. The following individuals are not eligible to participate: (i) employees of Sponsor or its affiliates and their immediate family and household members; (ii) officials and employees of any local, state, provincial or federal or other government or government agency; (iii) healthcare professionals ("HCPs") and employees of healthcare organizations ("HCOs"); and (iv) employees of academic institutions located in or providing services in Vermont, USA.
If an Entrant is entering the Drawing on behalf of his/her employer, these rules are binding on the Entrant, individually, and/or his/her company. If Entrant are acting within the scope of his/her employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, Entrant warrants that such party has full knowledge of the Entrant's actions and has consented thereto. Entrant further warrants that his/her actions do not violate the employer or company's policies and procedures.
- TO ENTER: To enter, during the Promotion Period (i) visit the Sponsor at Hall 4.1, Stand #G49 at the Conference and have your photo taken, and (ii) send a tweet to the official @MerckMillipore channel using your Twitter account, with your photo and including the following hashtag: #ScienceFurtherFaster (the "Hashtag"). Your tweet meeting the above requirements shall constitute an "Entry".
All Entries must comply with Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com and conform to Twitter's (140) character limitation, including the Hashtag. All entries must be received on or before the end of the Promotion Period.
All Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to submit the Entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that Twitter account. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the Twitter account by Twitter at the time of account creation.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT (REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES YOU SUBMIT A TWEET). Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Entries are void if they are in whole or part unintelligible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, or late. Use of any automated systems to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding the Drawing should be directed to Sponsor, not Twitter.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entries must not infringe any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violate applicable laws. No trademarks, logos, company names or advertising of third parties are allowed unless expressly permitted by the Sponsor. Content may not be offensive or defamatory, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject and/or disqualify any entries (in whole or in part) that the Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to be obscene, defamatory, libelous, profane, discriminatory, false, misleading or deceptive, or that promote illegal behavior, or otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards or reputational interests, or that the Sponsor believes may violate any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party. Entrants are responsible for providing any necessary releases for the use of the Entries by Sponsor in any format, including in relation to any third party's name, likeness or work including in the Entry.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS / PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry, Entrants grant to the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the Entries and any Entrant's name, image, and likeness or other information in any and all media, including but not limited to the Entrants' Twitter username and profile picture, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose, and waives any moral rights with respect to any submitted Entry. In addition to other things, the rights granted to the Sponsor include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the Entry. The Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any Entry submitted by the Entrant. Entrants consent to allowing the Sponsor and its affiliates to display their Entries on any of their websites and/or social media pages for promotional marketing purposes. Entrants consent to being contacted by Sponsor or one of its representatives for follow-up marketing activities related to this Drawing.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Twenty-five (25) potential winners will be selected in five (5) random drawings from among all eligible Entries submitted up until the time of the drawings, except that the potential winners shall not be eligible for selection in any subsequent drawings. Five (5) potential winners will be selected at each drawing. The five (5) drawings will take place on or about 3:00 p.m. CEST on June 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th and at 12:00 p.m. CEST on June 19th.
Potential winners will be notified through their Twitter account. Potential winner must respond and accept the prize on or before 3:00 p.m. the day following the notification, except for the potential winner of the July 19th drawing, who must respond and accept the prize on or before 3:00 p.m. on the day of notification. If a potential winner does not accept the prize on or before the deadlines as specified herein, such original potential winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsor shall conduct another random drawing to select another winner. If an Entrant is selected as a potential winner of a prize, Entrant may be required to sign an affidavit and release in order to receive the prize.
- PRIZE: Twenty-five (25) prizes will be awarded. Each prize will be an engraved cocktail shaker (FMV $20 USD). Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the potential winner's responsibility. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Each prize comes with the standard warranty as described in the prize documentation. Sponsor makes no other warranties or representations whatsoever relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspects of the prize that is awarded.
- PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address ("Personal Information") may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by the Sponsor, or any party authorized by them for the purposes of conducting and administering the Drawing, including its affiliates. This Personal Information may also be used by Sponsor or any party authorized by them, including its affiliates, to verify a Entrant's identity, postal address and telephone number in the event an Entrant qualifies for any applicable Prize as well as to deliver the applicable Prize.
Entrants further agree that their Personal Information may be used to fulfil additional terms of the Drawing or to contact the Entrant in response to a question submitted by such Entrant.
This Personal Information may also be shared by the Sponsor or any party authorized by them with any third-party for the purposes of fulfilling the terms of this Drawing or another service that the Entrant has requested, to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Sponsor, and to protect and defend Sponsor's rights or property. Entrants understand and agree that this may mean that their Personal Information is transmitted, processed or stored in the United States. Note that the Sponsor may share this Personal Information with its agents located in various offices throughout the world. Some of those offices may be in countries with data protection laws different than those established under Entrants' national, state, provincial or local law.
For residents of the European Union: Pursuant to EU law pertaining to data collection and processing, Entrants are informed that:
- The data controller is Sponsor and the data recipients are Sponsor and its affiliates and agents;
- Entrant's Personal Information is collected for purposes of administration of the Drawing;
- Entrants have a right of access to and withdrawal of their Personal Information. Entrants also have a right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, Entrants may write to:
Attn: Pauline Collins
290 Concord Road
Billerica, MA 01821
Or by e-mail at: email@example.com
- Entrant's Personal Information will be transferred to the U.S.
The Entrants can obtain a copy of the Rules at no charge by sending a request to:
Attn: Pauline Collins
290 Concord Road
Billerica, MA 01821
Or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIMITATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPONSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE DRAWING, PRIZE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates and agents from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use of a prize or participation in this Drawing, and they shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in or winning this Drawing.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY, OR DISQUALIFY: The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these rules and/or cancel the Drawing at any time without notice. Entrants agree that the Sponsor shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any winning entrant, or for any injuries, losses, or damages by reason of the entrant's participation in the Drawing or use of the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify individuals who violate these rules, misrepresent themselves or provide misleading information to the Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Drawing. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the official rules. If any provision of these official rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these rules, which shall remain in full force and effect. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Drawing or to make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Drawing is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and all entrants agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in Boston, Massachusetts for the resolution of all actions, litigation, claims and disputes, and agree that all actions, litigation, claims and disputes shall be brought in a court with competent jurisdiction in Boston, Massachusetts.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany