|Elix® Essential 3, 5, 10, 15 Water Purification Systems|
Elix® Essential systems are ideal for laboratories needing an easy-to-use economical solution that provides a constant and reliable source of Type 2 pure water. Patented Elix® electrodeionization technology is combined with complementary water purification techniques, including pretreatment, reverse osmosis and UV lamp treatment (in Elix® Essential UV systems) to produce Type 2 pure water of consistently-pure and reliable water quality.
Systems are designed to meet or exceed requirements as described by ISO® 3696 (Grade 2 water); ASTM® D1193 (Type II resistivity and TOC Table I specifications); and by the United States, European and Japanese Pharmacopeias for Purified Water.
Water produced by Elix® Essential systems has resistivity values greater than 5 MΩ•cm at 25 °C and less than 30 ppb TOC, exceeding the quality of double distilled water. In general, water purified by Elix® Essential systems is suitable for use with analyses at the parts per million (ppm) or high parts per billion (ppb) levels.
In Elix® Essential systems, there are no resin packs to change, thanks to the Elix® module technology, so users benefit from low and predictable running costs. In addition, overall water and electricity use is also reduced, which allows significant savings.
With intuitive controls that simplify operation, the systems are user-friendly, and provide just the information required. A color-coded backlit LCD display clearly shows message importance for system alert and alarm icons. Maintenance is also easy due to a new ergonomic pack locking system that lets users change the single Progard® pretreatment pack quickly and easily.
With their small footprint, Elix® Essential systems enable installation wherever it is convenient in your laboratory — on or under the bench, or on a wall. Systems provide 3, 5, 10, or 15 liters of pure water per hour, and up to 300 L daily.
- EMD Millipore’s patented Elix® module, which uses electricity (instead of harsh chemicals and water) to continuously regenerate the resins and remove ions from tap water
- Intuitive system controls, with system alert and alarm icons shown on a color-coded backlit LCD display
- High-precision monitoring equipment to ensure precise and reliable measurement of key water quality parameters
- RFID technology for traceability of Progard® pretreatment packs
- New ergonomic pack locking system to make Progard® pack changes a snap!
- Small system footprint, allowing multiple installation possibilities
The high-quality pure water produced by Elix® Essential systems is ideal for:
- Feed to laboratory equipment (e.g., Milli-Q® Type 1 ultrapure water systems, weatherometers, autoclaves, glassware washers, and dissolution testing units)
- Preparation of microbiological media, buffer and pH solutions
- Chemical reactions run in water
- Manual glassware rinsing
|Pure (Type 2) Product Water Quality||Elix® Essential Systems|
|Product flow rate +/- 15 %, 7 to 35 °C||3, 5, 10, or 15 L/h|
|Resistivity of product water||> 5 MΩ·cm at 25 °C, typically 10 to 15 MΩ·cm|
|TOC||< 30 ppb|
|Bacteria levels||< 10 cfu/mL for Elix® Essential UV systems|
|Dimensions (H x W x D) mm||H 470 x W 268 x D 339 (18.50 x 10.55 x 13.35 in)|
|Net weight||12.3-14 kg (32.95-37.51 lb)|
|Operating weight||17.2-18.5 kg (46.8- 49.57 lb)|
|Electrical feed voltage||100-230 V +/- 10%|
|Electrical feed frequency||50-60 Hz|
|Tap (feed) water connection||½” Gaz M|
|Tap (feed) water pressure||0.5-6 bar|