Up to 12 Images of Every Cell
The 12 Image Channel option significantly expands the experimental flexibility and analytical potential of the ImageStream®X Mark II Imaging Flow Cytometer by doubling the number of images per cell from six to twelve. This option is comprised of a second image detection system, including a filter wheel, inline filters, spectral decomposition assembly, and proprietary CCD camera.
Features and Benefits
- Increase experimental capacity by utilizing a broader palette of fluorescent markers
- Improve data quality by reducing or eliminating spectral crosstalk between detection channels
- Perform functional assays of immunophenotypically-defined subpopulations
- Improve throughput via multiplexing of experiments in a single tube or sample well
- Field installable by certified technicians
Application: Nuclear Translocation of NFκB
The analysis of NFκB nuclear translocation shown above utilizes three lasers and eight of 12 available detection channels. Cells were phenotyped using fluorescently-labeled antibodies against CD14, CD45, CD16, and CD3 while two additional image channels were used to quantitatively assess nuclear localization of NFκB by cross-correlation of the nuclear (DAPI) and NFκB (FITC) images. Brightfield and darkfield (SSC) images of each cell are included to provide morphological and structural detail.