Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth reduces your time to result for testing of EHEC and other E.coli significantly.
Merck Millipore’s new Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth is a unique medium for fast enrichment of pathogenic Escherichia coli (including E. coli O157) from food samples – it delivers its results in only 8 to 12 hours. Compared with at least 24 hours until evaluation when using classical enrichment media, and with 18 hours for other improved E. coli media, this saves you valuable and often crucial time.
Time is crucial for sensitive food products
Quality is critical to protect your brand. But time and quality often conflict, especially when it comes to testing for contamination in the production of meat or vegetables. This is time-consuming and slows your workflow. Speeding up the testing process allows food products to be released earlier, saving you not only time but also money – and the products reach your retailers and consumers in a fresher condition.
Applications for Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth
Merck Millipore’s Rapidcult™ E. coli enrichment broth speeds up enrichment of pathogenic Escherichia coli (including E. coli O157) from food samples and is particularly useful when testing ground beef and beef trim. Its validation is consistent with USDA-FSIS guidance when used in combination with our foodproof E. coli O157 Real-time PCR Kits or Singlepath E. coli O157 Lateral Flow Tests. (Direct any questions about using this product in USDA-FSIS-regulated facilities to AskFSIS.)
However, E. coli O157 is not the only pathogenic Escherichia coli. Other verotoxin-producing E. coli bacteria (EHEC) are dangerous as well. Initial results have shown that Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth is suitable for enriching other serotypes of pathogenic E. coli from a variety of foods, such as vegetables, apple juice, milk and other dairy products.
This is why Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth catalyzes your workflow:
- Fast: Can reduce time to result from more than 18 down to 8-12 hour
- Flexible: Allows you to incubate for 8 to 12 hours or, to fit with your workflow, up to 22 hours
- Efficient: Shorter times to result speeds up product release. The products reach retailers and consumers in a fresher condition
- High yield: Increased growth of E. coli due to special composition of media
- Reliable: Validation is consistent with USDA-FSIS guidance
- High-quality: Comprehensive inclusivity study has confirmed improved growth of all E .coli strains tested
- Quality control process meets ISO 11133 guidelines
- Granulated for maximum safety and convenience.
Subsequent testing of E. coli O157 and EHEC
After enrichment of E. coli you can choose any microbiological method for detection, depending on your available time to result. Merck Millipore’s Rapidcult™ E. coli Enrichment Broth is perfectly optimized to the requirements of the following methods to reduce the risk of false negative results:
- It perfectly complements Merck Millipore’s Duopath Verotoxins Lateral Flow Kit. Direct subsequent detection of the Verotoxins 1 and 2 from the enriched sample using the Duopath Verotoxins Kit provides fast results of these emerging pathogens within only 24 hours, thus ensuring maximum convenience.
- Duopath Verotoxins Lateral Flow tests include a built-in control reaction. These AOAC-RI approved devices deliver definite results within 20 minutes after sample enrichment.