With the clinical laboratory in mind, we designed Centrifree® devices to rapidly and efficiently separate free from protein-bound micro-solute in small volumes (0.15–1.0 mL) of serum, plasma, and other biological samples using ultrafiltration. Accurate partitioning occurs in minutes without dilution, change in physiologic pH, ion composition, or unbound microsolute concentration.
These devices contain low-adsorptive hydrophilic membranes and O-rings without plasticizers to ensure excellent recovery. Centrifuge and Rotor Recommendations
Order the Centrifree® Ultrafiltration Device Here
- Separation of free from bound microsolute in serum, plasma, and other biological samples
- Determine free therapeutic drugs, testosterone, thyroxin
- Binding studies
- New drug investigations
Minicon® concentrators are non-sterile, disposable, multiwell ultrafiltration devices designed for concentrating macromolecules in clinical specimens such as urine, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) or other biological solutions. The concentrators, which require no additional equipment and can be operated unattended, are used by researchers and clinical laboratories worldwide as a preparatory step to increase the sensitivity of subsequent tests.
Features and applications:
Order Minicon® Concentrators
- Concentrate urine and cerebrospinal fluid to intensify proteins that indicate abnormal or pathological states prior to analysis by electrophoresis or immunoelectrophoresis (e.g., Bence Jones proteins in urine)
- Static concentrator, requiring no accessories
- Absorbent pulls solvent and salts through ultrafilter, concentrating sample
Amicon® Ultra Centrifugal Filters for in vitro diagnostic use
The Amicon® Ultra-4* and -15* Centrifugal Filter Units are the premier devices for concentrating 1 – 4 mL and <15mL of sample, respectively. These units are designed for in vitro
diagnostic use and intended for concentrating serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids prior to analysis. * The Amicon® Ultra-4 and Amicon® Ultra-15 with Ultracel-10 membrane with catalog numbers ending in "D" are CE marked and IVD-registered.