Amicon® Ultra 15 mL Filters for Protein Purification and Concentration
Amicon® Ultra 15 mL centrifugal filter devices provide fast ultrafiltration, with the capability for high concentration factors and easy concentrate recovery from dilute and complex sample matrices.
The vertical design and available membrane surface area provide fast sample processing, high sample recovery (typically greater than 90% of dilute starting solution), and the capability for 80-fold concentration. Solute polarization and subsequent fouling of the membrane are minimized by the vertical design, and a physical deadstop in the filter device prevents spinning to dryness and potential sample loss.
The concentrate is collected from the filter device sample reservoir using a pipetter, while the ultrafiltrate is collected in the provided centrifuge tube. The device can be spun in a swinging bucket or fixed angle rotor. With their vertical membrane design and deadstop, Amicon® Ultra 15 mL filters deliver the highest recovery with short spin times. Centrifuge and Rotor Recommendations
Order Amicon® Ultra 15 mL filters
- High recovery Ultracel® regenerated cellulose membrane in a range of molecular weight cut-offs
- High retentate recovery of >90%
- Vertical membrane reduces concentration polarization for ultra-fast spin times (as fast as 10–15 minutes)
- Heat-sealed membrane minimizes downstream extractables
- 100% integrity tested for reliable performance
- Convenient sample monitoring with translucent housing and volume gradations
- Direct pipetter sample access eliminates processing step to recover concentrate
- High concentration factors of 80–100X
Typical spin times with respect to filtrate volume:
Amicon® Ultra-4 and -15 Centrifugal Filter Units – 10,000 NMWL – For in vitro diagnostic use (CE)
The Amicon® Ultra-4* and -15* Centrifugal Filter Units are the premier device for concentrating 1 – 4mL or <15mL of sample. These units are designed for in vitro
diagnostic use and intended for concentrating serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids prior to analysis. * The Amicon® Ultra-4 and Amicon® Ultra-15 with Ultracel-10 membrane are CE marked.
- Concentration of biological samples containing antigens, antibodies, enzymes, nucleic acids, or microorganisms
- Purification of macromolecular components found in tissue culture extracts or cell lysates and protein removal prior to HPLS
- Concentration of dilute or pre-purified proteins from column eluents
- Desalting, buffer exchange and protein dialysis
- Size exclusion and protein fractionation